1.07.2010

I've got nothing.

You know that awkward scenario that happens somewhere like, let's say, the grocery store? You are just trying to pick up some essentials so that dinner doesn't have to be cold sandwiches again, and you haven't been home since you stumbled out the door before dawn, and you're dragging the cranky kid with you, and all you want is to just please get out of the store as quickly as possible, or at least before said kid boisterously announces her crankiness to the rest of the shoppers, when you run into a friend/acquaintance/anyone who has ever met you and who really wants to hear just everything that you've been up to in the past however long it's been since you last saw them. Every time I encounter that moment, I am reduced to a sort of stunned stare while I try to come up with something of note to share. I just never know what to say. I'm way boring. My standard response is typically, "well, I'm sort of a hermit these days." The End.

We don't really do anything. We have this life that includes going to work, then staying home when we aren't there. We read a lot. Kyle or I will occasionally go out for a bit, but not very frequently. Iris is still pretty much just Iris. Maybe a little taller, a little louder & more mobile, but she's still the kid who fights sleep and wants to grab your face. She's stopped growing at her old break-neck speed, and seems to have settled at approximately the size of an 18 month old. She's almost a year now. She has four and a half teeth. She really likes mashed potatoes, and she really likes The Cure. Awesome, and also, wait for it... awesome.

Suffice it to say, we are happy. Really and truly cozy and happy and boring as tree bark. I want to keep posting here frequently and filling your days with all sorts of clever witticisms, but like I said, I've got nothing, and my cleverness was dubious anyway. So please, with all my apologies, consider this space tentatively silenced. I'll come back for the big stuff, and I do feel that I'll revive the blog to its former glory eventually, but for now I'll probably be pretty scarce around these parts (because I was so verbose the last few months anyway, right?), but please check in every now and then for picture updates as I'll probably make a little note here each time I update Picasa. Goodnight, Friends.

2 comments:

  1. Megan,
    Thank you for posting nothing, because I so look forward to your posting, your nothing is still really something to me. Iris changes daily, I love looking at her pictures, I check the blog for any news, no matter how boring you may think it is. Boring is when your get old and gray and every bone in your body aches, and a trip to the grocery is your social visit for the day (and you forgot your list so you just stand there like you have never seen any of the hundreds of choices before). So now if you idle this blog, then you will be required to e-mail me daily and let me know what Iris (and you and Kyle) have been up to. I laugh at your blogging and truly enjoy each and every posting. But I understand that it gets old and more difficult to do. I need any and every picture of Iris, so now that you cannot steal them from Kelly, then the duty falls to you to take and post pictures of Iris, Walgreens will go out of business if I do not have pictures to send them to print!! Love, Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, OK, I'm bummed! Probably not as much as your family, but let me remind you that The Whiz is special even if you think nothing's going on. Maybe you could just set up a KellyKAM in your kitchen and we could watch you make the occasional berry tart or foccacia. U do NOT have to be a DIVA. Plain and simple for you is WAY more spectacular than spectacular for most people. But U gotta do what you gotta do, so a bientot! xxoo Patty

    ReplyDelete