3.09.2011

10 weeks

I had a regular check-up yesterday which was largely uneventful. I believe no news is good news in this situation. So far I haven't gotten the splotchy swollen ankles of doom, I have had morning sickness, but I haven't turned insanely hormonal yet. The hormonal thing happened really early last time around, so this is a particularly nice bonus.

I've had that cold that everyone else in the country has for the last two weeks now. Iris' version of it finally morphed to ear infections (surprise.) so she and her amoxicillin are sitting pretty. I have been home from work for two days now, vengefully side-eyeing the NyQuil like it personally made me this way. I originally thought I was just developing pregnancy rhinitis again, but I think that my current congestion is still a result of the cold. I will most definitely have a big ugly hormonal moment if I'm wrong. Because I'm sure crying about it will help the stuffy nose... oh well. At least I'm prepared or something.

I'm kind of showing, kind of not. Mom says it's my weak abdominal muscles not supporting my uterus as well as they did last time since they've already been stretched out by Iris. So it's not showing, it's just lazy muscles. To this I say, is this not the definition of "showing?" My uterus is poking out from behind my muscles! SHOWING! I think my excellent debate skills won this round, thank you and booya.

Iris has been sort of potty training lately. She'll go if you ask her to, and she'll tell you right after she poops in her diaper, but I don't think our various and constant reminders have really sunk in that she should alert us before the event occurs. So close, yet so, so far away.

I wear my sunglasses at night so I can pee on the potty - A modern fairy tale

2 comments:

  1. Frankly, I think there is NEVER an event that is not enhanced by the wearing of shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris's daddy did some weird things (potty-related) when he was very little. Of course, I will not go into detail here. But I am positive that he never wore his sunglasses!!
    Love, Grandma K.

    ReplyDelete