8.11.2009

Just Idle Prattle

Didn't the crazy octopus lady in The Little Mermaid sing a song about that? Ursula? Idle Prattle? No? In any event, it's fun to say, and you get the idea. I have things to say. They are not related.
  • Haven't taken any more pictures, as I can never tell when The Sleep is coming, and I would really totally stab myself in the eye if I ruined it by screeching "Iiiiiirissss! Iris, look at Mama! Iris! Iris! Over heeeeere!" No wonder she avoids the camera.
  • We are having unusually beautiful weather tonight so I thought I'd sit outside to compose this post, but then like eleventy flying beetle things dove down my shirt and attempted to build a nice community inside my bra, behind my armpit or something. It was gross. I retaliated by running inside to strip down and squeal like a little girl and smack at myself till I felt reasonably bug-free. I sincerely hope the cats step up their game on the whole creepy crawly hunting thing. Bring their A-Game, you know what I mean?
  • I recently regaled my Mom with Iris' new anti-sleep strategy: Let's postpone afternoon nap juuuust late enough that it can't be called afternoon anymore, but it can't really be called bedtime either, then sleep for a couple of hours and wake up at 8pm all bright and effing bushy!
Mom: You were always a bad sleeper. It's just your personality.
Me: Huh. Yeah, I guess I was a bad sleeper. I remember being like ten
and still having trouble falling asleep.
Mom: No Meg, you are a bad sleeper. Think about it.

Me: Oh.

Me: ...

Me: oh.
(insert foul-mouthed rant here)
  • So Iris inherited my awesomely hexagon-shaped toes, and the sleep skills of a ferret on trucker speed. Neat.
  • Kyle goes back to work next week, which means Iris goes back to Kelly's house next week. Interesting caveat of that scenario is that I'll have to pick Iris up twice a week from the gym where Kelly works, since our schedules overlap a bit. The only way for Iris to attend the gym's play center, even with Kelly there, is if I am also a member of this gym. So you know where this is going. Now I have to work out and stuff. Let's all close our eyes and picture a reality wherein Megan works out on purpose. I'll give you a moment to compose yourselves.
  • I think I'm finally going to cut off my superlong pregnancy hair. It was pretty when it wasn't shedding all over the place, but I've now lost so much of it to daily brushing that it's starting to resemble a poorly managed rat tail. Long hair, I barely knew ye...
  • I still feel like there are bugs on me.
Okay, I'm off to bed. Speaking of bed though, have I told you guys about my rampant pregnancy dreams? Just to be clear here NO I AM NOT CURRENTLY PREGNANT IN ANY WAY. NOT EVEN A LITTE. But these dreams, guys. They are so realistic. Normally I can tell when I'm dreaming, but these are just eerie. In the last one, I was eight months along (Iris was still only six months old though. That probably should have tipped me off), and I hadn't told anyone in the family about the pregnancy. I also hadn't been to the doctor for any sort of prenatal care. I woke up in a panic that the baby would be taken from us because of my total negligence. Gah. It's got me thinking though: can I get some input on baby spacing? What are your thoughts here? Is it better to get all the diapering and not sleeping and ramming your head into a brick wall out of the way all at once, or is it better to give yourself a couple of years to recover before jumping back in? I'm very curious to hear your responses.

Now I really must scour my body for stowaway creepy demon beetle things and tuck myself in. Night All.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhahahaha "Bring their A-game, you know?" I lost it when I read that part. I hope KatiePants reads this.
    Love,
    Aunt Claire <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts on spacing: One. Then, never again.

    ReplyDelete