5.03.2011

Future blackmail fodder

I'm afraid things aren't going to be too updatey around here for awhile. I am heading off to the great District of Columbia (not to be confused with the fine shops located in The District IN Columbia; entirely different locations, I assure you). I'll be gone from Wednesday evening till Sunday afternoon. I will likely miss Iris Music Thursday! this week, and frankly have no intention of thinking of anything even remotely associated with adult responsibilities while traveling. So you're not likely to hear from me till after my return. Fortunately for my lovely readers, 87% of you are the people I'm going to visit, so not too many people will be vastly disappointed with my bloggy absence, as you will be reveling in the awesomosity that is spending time with dear ol' me in the flesh. You're welcome.

I have compiled this delicious selection of photo/video offerings for your viewing pleasure, and to hopefully tide you over till regularly scheduled programming recommences.






Iris' current favorite outfit. We had to hide the shoes - it was just getting out of hand and they are so small they cut her feet now. Also? The no pants thing: better learn to love it because it's her preferred state now.






ROCK from Megan Kelley on Vimeo.



Iris and I happened to be playing in the yard the last time band practice happened. I'm serious, she stood next to the garage and rocked out this way for like 20 minutes. It. Was. Awesome.





Future Colin Burgess from Megan Kelley on Vimeo.




And this is what we've done many Saturday mornings in a row now, till we had to prepare the house for sale and the snare drum *mysteriously* found itself relocated to the garage one night while Iris was asleep.




P.S. Do you like the new blog design? Books are neat, right? The new layout makes me absurdly happy, so if you don't love it, for God's sake, lie to me.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, so on top of swimming lessons this summer, she should take drum lessons. Don't tell your sister Claire because I would never let her have drum lessons. See how this Grandma thing works?! I can tell you to do something I would never do because I don't live there! Seriously, get her lessons. She'll be awesome! Love Grandma R. PS--the book thing startled me at first (thought I was on the wrong website), but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, no pants? A love of music? Distinct rebellion in clothing choices? I swear she and Everett have the same crazy gene threads running through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me she doesn't have a stripper pole!!
    I think anything she does is darling, Grandmas do that. Love, Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are flying out of St. Louis, look for Mark! He'll be there on his way to Texas. P.S. Iris, dear, the no pants look does not work for anyone. Please skirt up immediately. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new blog look. Reminds me of home! xxoo Patty

    ReplyDelete