5.13.2009

Do Not Look Directly At The Child

As I'm sure you all have noticed, I'm not really the type to post more frequently than once or twice a decade, or half past the last time one of you threatens my life for lack of (preshus baybee!) photos, but I had to tell you about what happened last night. Iris went to bed at 5:30. That's in the PM, people. Five. Thirty. It was weird. She woke up at like 10:30 when Kyle and I went to bed, but I think she was rather put out by it, and immediately went back to sleep. She was still sleeping this morning at 7:00. I felt like the mother of a teenager, dragging her out of bed and slapping some clean clothes on her. Well, I imagine a teenager could probably dress herself, but there were some days that I wasn't too far from needing assistance in that area when I was a wee teen. Good thing I never had to actually choose an outfit - MAN I miss that uniform! I digress.

So. Wouldn't it be cool if this was standard procedure now? AHahahahahaha! Ya. I do not think so. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if she did this every day, but if there's anything I've learned it's not to expect any sort of patterns/predictability from Iris and everything will be just fine. Anyway all the free time was weird and I didn't know what to do with myself. At one point my nervous energy got the best of me and I realized that I was sort of following Kyle around the house chattering at him incessantly while he desperately tried to do Important House-Fixey Stuff, occasionally throwing me an enthusiastic "uh-huh!" It would probably be for the best if she just went back to her usual baby routine and spent those hours between 6pm and 10pm awake, like a normal Iris should. I kinda missed her...like I said, it was weird.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky duck! You are getting more sleep then we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she was just worn out from a busy day of going to the doctor, being subjected to pain, then posing and posing for such cute photos! Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha poor kyle!!! is that why i got so many phone calls?? well i'm totally not complaining keep em coming =) love claire <3

    ReplyDelete