6.25.2009

It's So Quiet

I'm in bed right now, playing on the computer. Iris is sleeping in the co-sleeper next to me (it's like a bassinet that straps to the bed. Muy handy). I so want to take a picture of her to share with you because she is so precious I want to eat her. Alas, camera flashes are not conducive to sleep. You'll have to take my word for it. She's perfect.

I have recently realized that now is probably the easiest time we'll ever have as parents. She can't talk (back), she's not mobile yet, she finally sleeps like a mostly normal person, and she doesn't eat food yet, so she can't tell me she doesn't like what I made for dinner then ask to eat a jar of peanut butter. Sometimes when she's sleepy I take her to a quiet room to nurse her to sleep and just when I think she's drifting off, she looks up at me with a huge toothless grin and wide open eyes. She talks all the time, waggling her eyebrows up and down and grabbing your mouth when you respond, fascinated by the sounds - and if you happen to be Kyle, she just grabs your beard and shakes it around. When we read books to her, she swats at the pages with little clumsy fists and tries to turn them herself. She drools so much now that we have to change her outfit sometimes three or four times a day. Nothing makes her happier than having a shirt pulled over her head (seriously! she laughs!). Kyle props her up on a pillow to play guitar for her and she is fascinated. She giggles and squirms when the song changes a bit and her eyes shoot back and forth between his hands, trying to figure out where the sound came from.

She's my favorite baby.


2 comments:

  1. Megan,
    She is your only baby, but she is my favorite too. I can't wait to see her. Kyle could shave his beard, but that's just motherspeak. She will probably grab my wrinkles. So glad that she is so happy, happy baby=happy parents.
    Love, Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! The drooling reminds me of something to come that I dare not even say. Starts with a T and ends with a G. Run, run for your lives! xxoo P

    ReplyDelete