7.31.2009

Onward & Upward

I don't suppose any of you know how to teach a baby to crawl/walk/fly? Because Iris would really appreciate some instruction. She spends her days now desperately trying to climb our faces and launch into the great beyond, if you count the free fall from the height of a fully grown adult 'the great beyond.' She's like a tiny dictator with pointy fingernails, and she's not afraid to use them. I walked into the room yesterday and noticed that Kyle had a big gash across is nose that he hadn't noticed at all, he was receiving such a harsh beating from the wee one. If you'd like to spend any time with Iris, all I'm saying is this: watch your soft parts. She can smell weakness.

So, ah. Please excuse my crappy picture taking skills/lack thereof. I was never that girl at the party with the camera, demanding that everyone huddle in and look engaging. Just not my style. I was the one rolling her eyes at the aforementioned girl. I hear there are actually some people who take photos, print them out on this fancy glossy paper, then like, put them in books, behind little sheets of plastic. This thing, this book with photographs and plastic, I believe is called a photo album? Fancy. Don't even get me started on scrapbooking. The fact that people have created scrapbooks for long enough for the word to become verbified (shut up. it's a word.) is beyond me. I salute your patience and dedication, scrapbookers of the world. Consider this (spreads arms in grand, sweeping fashion across all of blogdom) the closest thing to scrapbooking you'll ever see me create:


Why is Mom leering over my shoulder like I did something wrong? Man she looks pale...
A wild Kelley tends to avoid water in its natural habitat, but can be fooled by realistic-looking tree trunks and faux stone facades into treading the murky waters of the Stonycreek Inn pool.

More pictures up on Picasa - and an earnest request: Those who would seek to print every photo as it becomes available on Picasa, please remember that pictures of Mug in her swimming suit don't just hurt Mug herself, they hurt the world. Be kind to the world. Don't. Print. Them.

Reinhards? Let me know when you have pics from your camera available for upload! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Will you please bring your camera on sunday so we can get some matching swimsuit pictures. Damn it will be soooo cute. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd give Iris some advice on walking but I'm still working on perfecting that myself! Super cute pictures! Love, Aunt Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the coordinated colors of the girls' swimsuits. Iris looks like she is enjoying herself and Kyle looks like he is protecting himself. Good pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Reinhard, they look so young!
    Love, Grandma K

    ReplyDelete